There are ways to access Medicare rebates and funding. It can be a really simple process once you understand it, so let us help you wrap your head around Medicare and how it can work for you
Can I get a medicare rebate at Pillar Health?
The short answer is YES! The long answer is yes, but there are a few conditions. A Medicare rebate for many of our eligible services can be accessed under the CDM Program (formerly the EPC Program), which is the Chronic Disease Management Program (CDMP).
Firstly, you must meet the criteria, and that is generally centred around ‘chronic‘ conditions, meaning something that you have suffered with for more than 3 months.
Secondly, you need to have the appropriate referral form from your GP, who needs to send you to a specific clinic (hopefully us, we’d love to help!)
How many visits will the Medicare CDMP rebate cover?
The Medicare CDMP allows for a total of up to 5 rebated consults to any referred allied health practitioner, per year. That could include podiatry, physiotherapy, osteopathy, speech pathology, etc. So, for instance, your GP might refer you for 3 podiatry consults, and 2 physiotherapy consults. This number of consults is renewed each calendar year, but the actual referral is valid for 2 years.
How much does the medicare rebate cover?
The current Medicare rebate (as at July 2020) is $54.60 per consult, regardless of the specific service that you choose. That means that the rebate is $54.60 for an initial consultation, and any subsequent review consults that you might be recommended for as well. Unfortunately, we cannot bulk bill Medicare at our practice, so there will always be a small gap payment.
How does the medicare CDM rebate process work?
It is a tricky little process – the joys of working with a government body! At our practice, what you need to do is actually pay the full fee upfront yourself first, and then we can process the Medicare rebate and get it back to you.
Specifically, here are the steps:
- You need to pay the full fee on a CREDIT or DEBIT card or by CASH
- We use our Practice management software to submit your paid account to Medicare on your behalf to access the $54.60 rebate for you
- Medicare will credit the $54.60 to your nominated bank account later that day or early the next day.
To wrap it all together:
- Yes, you can get a Medicare rebate for many of our service at Pillar, using the CDM Program
- You need a specific doctor’s referral and the right type of physical condition
- You can get $54.60 rebate (June for up to 5 visits per calendar year
- There will always be a small gap fee We will process the rebate on-the-spot.
- You can expect the deposit of $54.60 into your nominated bank account registered with Medicare within 48 hours.
If you have any questions at all regarding the CDMP process – please call or email us
Alternatively, get to your GP ASAP and ask for a referral to see a podiatrist who can help you get back to doing the things you love without worrying about your feet!